Sunday, September 4, 2022
101DS Fan-fiction Contest:
101 Ed-fic Contest!!
Dalmatian fans, I can say without a doubt that we folks of the Daily Puppy are proud to announce that we're hosting our first ever 101DS Fanfic contest! Starting with a crossover with a classic cartoon Ed, Edd n' Eddy in a courtesy of Daily Puppy Co-editor and EEnE fan, FenrisArts!
By now, many of you may be familiar with one of our favorite animated TV shows from our childhood: Ed, Edd n' Eddy which its premiere was on January 9th, 1999, on Cartoon Network and created by A.K.A. Cartoon and its founder, Danny Antonucci. The show stars three titular boys who spend the remainder of their summer days scamming from other kids in order to buy sweet, round, delicious, candy-coated spheres called "Jawbreakers", though those plans mostly backfire. So, what if there were a crossover of our favorite childhood classic mixed with the newest show from Disney: 101 Dalmatian Street?
This is what the first fanfic contest is about!
Everyone in the 101DS fandom with decent-to-high levels of experience in story-building and literature has the opportunity to participate in this contest, including fans of both EEnE and 101DS! It's understandable that both shows are different comparing to the story, but both shows have one theme in common: Childhood
This contest is mostly for the best fanfiction of the 101DS x EEnE crossover. Today, we writer-pups are going to give you the basic rules, tips, and options on what you can write for the 101 Ed-fic Contest!
1. You are free to make a fanfiction in any shape or form. Such as in a writing a fanfiction, or also making a fanfic in a version of a comic.
2. DO NOT WRITE A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS OF ANY EEnE cast with 101DS cast! We can however allow it if the EEnE cast are dogs in your fanfiction, as that's the only acceptable option available.
3. If you want to write a Fanfiction where the Eds and the kids from the cul-de-sac meet the dogs from 101 Dalmatian Street, how would you write? The possibilities for an 101DS x EEnE crossover fanfic are almost endless.
- In 101 Ed Street, Double D is a nephew of a famous writer, Dodie Smith who owns the house in 101 Dalmatian Street. I'm not going to spoil the entire story-lore of the fanfic, so if you want to experience the story spoiler-free, I prefer you read it for yourselves. The plot line could be like after or in the middle of season 1 of 101 Dalmatian Street.
- You can also choose an option for a story where the 101DS cast is adopted by Cul-De-Sac Kids!
- If you want to take an Alternate Universe-style approach, you can also write an AU of 101 Dalmatian Street, where Eds and the other Cul-De-Sac kids are dogs and live at/or close to 101 Dalmatian St. right where the Dalmatian family live. Here's how they look in dog form.
There are a lot of creative ways with how you can adapt the dog forms of these characters in the 101DS Alternate Universe: Double Dee has a set of mechanical arms built underneath his hat to provide him extra arms for carrying multiple things at the same time; Jimmy could hang out with Roxy and Snowball, and since he's prone to accidents like his human counterpart, he could often wear a cone of shame around his neck; Instead of biking, Kevin rides a skateboard like Hansel and Dolly; Collie Rolf is a guard Collie who protects the livestock and his human family's backyard farm; Hansel and Da Vinci are members of the Urban Rangers.
4. Titles for each chapter can be fun and creative.
You can either write a pun 'Ed' or 'Dog' for an episode, chapter or a title of your fanfic.
For example: "Ed-ventures at 101 Dalmatian Street", "Three Dogs with Ed-itude", and so on...
5. You are free to make chapters based on any 101DS or EEnE episode, or original ones.
6. You can put in the original villains like Cruella De Vil, or Eddy's brother. Both of them are optional and you can even include both of them in your fanfic
7. You are also free put your OCs in your fanfiction as a cameo, either EEnE OC or 101 DS OC.
When you finish the first chapter, publish your fanfiction on any fanfic websites like:
http://fanfiction.net; http://archiveofyourown.org; http://wattpad.com etc.
You can also send them on our Daily Puppy Submit/FAQ on The Daily Puppy website right here!
Danuki and Fenris, the hosts behind the event will be reviewing each fanfic as you publish them and decide up to three winners on October 6th. The three top winners will each be rewarded with a golden jawbreaker, while those placed second will have their faces on a dollar bill!
Feel free to join the event. Write the best 101DS x EEnE crossover fanfic you can and don't forget... BUTTER TOAST!